Morning Buzz 2.11.11
Posted: February 11, 2011 by robjoneslyes in Freak Stuff
Finishing off the week on the Wazoo Sports Buzz in style this week with hosts the Godfather Dugan Ryan and the one-and-only Handsome Jimmy. The guys will be joined by Wave3 Sports anchor Kent Taylor and the father of Louisville PG Peyton Siva. Should be an interesting show breaking down this weekends games between Louisville/Syracuse and Kentucky/Vanderbilt. Tune into 1080 on you AM dial between 9-10 AM, stream online at TalkRadio1080.com or listen on your smartphone via the IHEARTRADIO app. Don’t miss any of the action live, but if you have to the show is available in the podcast section of TalkRadio1080.com shortly after airtime.
– Strange article about Larry Drew II, the former North Carolina point guard who dipped out of Chapel Hill last week like a thief in the night.
– McDonald’s All-American teams announced and Jeff Goodman thinks the selection process…well…sucks.
– Comedy Central approves a Norm MacDonald sports show set to begin in April. This is either going to be ridiculously awesome or collasally terrible.
– Gimme Vaughn! Charlie Sheen speaks to UCLA baseball team about the risks of drugs. In other news, UCLA has fired their baseball coach
– Steve Lavin and his Castrol locks have St. John’s rolling. Their third win over a top 10 team this year came at the hands of UCONN last night
– Alabama got screwed by none other than referee Tim Higgins last night in loss the Vandy. When reached for comment, Higgins just belched and took another pull from his flask.
This Day in Sports…
February 11, 1990 – James “Buster” Douglas shocks the world in Tokyo by beating the previously unstoppable Iron Mike Tyson for the world heavyweight championships. Considered one of the biggest upsets in the history of sports